I am so over winter!! I wouldn’t mind winter if it only went from December til February… but in MN it doesn’t. Winter can be anywhere from October til April (true story, my 21st Birthday, it was sleeting… it’s at the end of April). I’m not completely against Winter, I just don’t believe in it lasting too long. And by now it has completely out-stayed its welcome… It’s the middle of March for goodness sakes!!!!!!!
Anyway, enough negativity… the day off provided me with time to bake some goodies for my fabulous co-workers!
I decided on:
Drooling Yet??!!!!? 🙂 And, I made it all in under 2 hours, prep and bake times!
2 1/4 C. flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 C. butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
2 1/4 C. light brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 bag bite-sized Butterfingers, crushed (I found a resealable bag, but if you can’t find that… use a half bag of fun-sized)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13″ baking pan.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, combine butter and brown sugar.
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
5. Stir in flour mixture and crushed butterfingers; spread in prepared pan (I sprayed my hands with Pam to flatten into pan)
7. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until the bars are a bit firm to the touch. Cool completely before cutting into bars. (I had to bake mine for 35 min., and next time I might even go a little longer).
Chocolate Toffee Blondies
1 2/3 C flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 C. butter, softened
1 C. plus 2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2/3+ C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3+ C. cup toffee bits
**I went ahead and used more of the toffee bits and the chocolate chips, up to you if you would like to stick to the original recipe or add 🙂
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a 9×13″ baking dish.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
4. Press batter into prepared baking dish (once again, I sprayed my hands to press it down). Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
**yeah, I tried a little out of the corner 😉 pretty tasty!!!!
Sugar Cookie Bars
1 C. butter, softened
2 C. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
5 C. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 375*; spray a deep cookie sheet (I used a disposable cookie sheet)
2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda. Add to wet mixture and mix just until combined.
4. Press into prepared pan and bake for 10-15 min. or until light-golden and cool completely. After cooling, spread with frosting and add sprinkles (if you wish)!
Happy Snow Day!!! 🙂 Enjoy these fabulous treats! I have to say that the Sugar Cookie Bars are my favorite, but they are all pretty good!