Oh MN, it’s March and the snow just keeps coming! Seriously Spring, where are you???
So, everyone at work was pretty much banking on a snow day Tuesday because we were expecting 6-10″ of snow. And of course, I promised goodies if we had a snow day!
After a good 6 mile run, I made Cake with Lemon/Blueberry filling with Cool Whip Cream Cheese frosting and Cake Batter Chex Mix.
Cool Whip has decided to create the best invention EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool Whip Frosting! My favorite is probably the Chocolate, it tastes like fluffy mousse pie filling!! I eat it often out of the tub, usually with animal crackers.
On to the recipes…
Cake with Lemon/Blueberry Filling and Cool Whip Frosting
Yellow Cake Mix
1- 12 oz. can Diet Sprite
1/4 C. Lemon Curd
1/4 C. Blueberry Jam
1 container Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350* and prepare a 9×13″ baking pan.
2. Mix cake mix and diet Sprite, pour into baking dish. Bake for 35 min., allow to cool.
3. Combine lemon curd and blueberry jam, spread over cake.
4. Spoon Cream Cheese frosting over top and carefully spread overall.
Want another quick and easy tasty treat??
Cake Batter Chex Mix
1 box Chex Cereal (Rice)
1/2-3/4 bag White chocolate chips
1/2+ C. Funfetti Cake Mix (I used the leftover cake mix from the Cake Batter Cheesecake)
1. Melt chips in microwaveable bowl (don’t over cook!). Pour cereal into 2 microwaveable bowls (with lids), then pour melted chocolate over cereal.
2. Carefully mix cereal and chocolate. Microwave for 2 sets of 30 sec., mixing between sets, making sure chocolate is evenly coating the cereal.
3. Sprinkle cake mix over cereal, and shake bowls to mix!