A few posts ago (and if you didn’t read it, you can here), I mentioned things I was excited for with one of them being Monster Cookies! We make them every year; people really look forward to them and even ask when they are coming 🙂 If you are lucky enough to know or work with one of us, you have had the pleasure of eating our Monster Cookies. We have been making them for years!!!!! And if you don’t believe me, here’s proof 🙂
My parents have perfected these cookies. It’s the same recipe that you’ll find elsewhere, but for some reason the way we make them are the BEST (I’m a little biased 😉 ).
The recipe makes roughly 12 dozen… yes you read that correctly, 12 DOZEN!!!!! And to impress you even more, we make about 5-6 batches each holiday season. For those of you good at math, that’s a lot of cookies (for those of you who need to grab a calculator, it’s about 864 cookies 😉 ).
What you’ll need:
Medium Dough Scoop
1 lb. Unsalted Butter (softened)
12 eggs (room temp.)
2 lbs. Brown Sugar
4 c. Sugar
1 T. Vanilla
1 T. Karo Syrup
8 tsp. Baking Soda
3 lbs. Creamy Peanut Butter (we use Jiffy or Peter Pan)
1 lb. each M&Ms (we use Christmas colors), Milk Chocolate Chips
18 c. Instant Oats
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Cut butter into small pieces, place in microwavable bowl and microwave for 25 sec.
3. Using stand mixer on low-speed, cream together (in the following order), eggs, brown sugar, sugar & butter.
4. Add vanilla, Karo Syrup, & baking soda; mix well. Blend in peanut butter.
5. In your GIANT bowl, mix oatmeal, M&Ms and chocolate chips.
6. Here’s the fun part (but wash your hands first)… Mix by hand, cream and oatmeal mixtures until everything is combined. It’ll get a little tough and your forearms are going to get a good workout 🙂
7. Scoop dough onto cookie sheets, flatten slightly, and bake for 9-9 1/2 min. Cool on cookie sheet 9 min before removing them to cool completely. These cookies will be gooey, soft and addicting!!!! 🙂