Matt’s working again!!!! On the down side, he’s working in WI during the week and then comes to Rochester for the weekend 😦
There’s nothing worse than living out of a suitcase and eating fast food for most of your meals, which is why I figured if he can’t be home he might as well have some home cooked meals!!
Over the Thanksgiving weekend I made him quite a few freezer meals. Up first…
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken:
Skinny Taste has some really great recipes!!!! She does a really good job showing people that you can eat a lot of different meals that are healthy without sacrificing flavor! I think people forget that’s possible 🙂
For the most part I used the same recipe/ingredients, just changing a few things here and there.
1/4 c. Real Bacon Bits
1/4 c. Jalapeno (chopped)
**Matt said it was a little too Jalapeno-y, so if you don’t like a lot of Jalapeno flavor I would maybe only use 1-2 T
8 oz. 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese
1 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
8 Chicken Breasts (I would definitely use Chicken cutlets to save time, I couldn’t find them at Target so I used chicken breast then used the tenderizer. If doing the cutlets I would either half this recipe using 8 cutlets or increase the amount of cutlets.)
1/2-1 c. Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1/4 c. Lime Juice
2 T. Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Lightly spray a 9 x 13″ baking dish & preheat oven to 450*.
2. Using a meat tenderizer, flatten chicken to 1/4″ (I usually put a plastic bag over the chicken so raw meat chunks aren’t flying everywhere while I’m pounding out the chicken 🙂 ), then set aside.
3. Mix together cream cheese, shredded cheese, bacon bits, & chopped Jalapenos.
4. In shallow bowl, combine oil, lime juice & salt/pepper to taste; place bread crumbs in another shallow dish or plate. Dip chicken in lime/oil mixture, then in bread crumbs coating both sides.
5. Lay chicken on working surface, spread aprpox. 1/4 c. cream cheese mixture on chicken (leaving about 1/4″ open on the sides), roll up chicken and place seam side down in prepared baking dish. Continue with remaining chicken.
6. Bake for 22-25 min. or until chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately, or if freezing: cool completely, then place in freezer containers and freeze!