Ok so first I have to show off my cutting board!!! My Gma sent it to me for my b-day (all they way back in April) and I thought I should share:) How cute??
Alright, back to baking:)
My favorite cookie is a Sugar Cookie or Snickerdoodle…. I don’t know what it is about Sugar Cookies but they are so good!!!! I also love vanilla ice cream, I’m weird right? Don’t get me wrong I love all other flavors, but there’s just something about plain & simple that I just love! I’m also a big fan of coconut (my favorite oreo ball is the coconut).
Anyway, today I decided to experiment Sugar Cookie + Coconut = Coconut Sugar Cookies… Sometimes it’s a good thing to try out new baking ideas and other times it’s a giant FAIL…
Today was a BIG SUCCESS!!!!!!!!! Cookies usually don’t turn out for me, they are usually flat, taste good but flat. These were perfect, a little on the small side, but they turned out really good!
Coconut Sugar Cookies:
3/4 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp coconut extract
1 tsp. baking powder
2 c. flour
1-2 c. coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350*, mix together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg and coconut extract, mix until well blended.
3. Add flour, baking powder and coconut flakes until combined. **If it’s too soft add more flour**
4. Roll dough into 1″ balls, roll in sugar, place on cookie sheet, & slightly flatten.
5. Bake for 9 min., let cool on cookie sheet for 2 min., and then remove to finish cooling.
6. Enjoy, while trying not to eat the whole batch;)